JSA, as prime consultant for Georgia Environmental Facilities Authority (GEFA), was tasked to bring the State’s underground fuel storage tank installations into EPA compliance standards. JSA worked closely with GEFA designing fuel tank upgrades and replacements in order meet the EPA deadline. JSA was awarded a subsequent contract with the State to prepare bid packages for removal of closed underground fuel storage tanks. To date, JSA has provided fuel system designs for over 1,700 tanks at 750 facilities across the State.Project Details
- Standard drawings and specifications developed to provide commonality throughout the State.
- New underground gasoline and diesel tanks varied in size from 600 to 30,000 gallons.
- Typical applications were fleet fueling, standby generators, and heating boilers.
- The designs for large fleet fueling stations included such features as overhead canopies, credit card fuel management systems, and remote fuel dispensers with Stage I and Stage II vapor recovery for sites located in the EPA non-attainment areas.
- Specialized fueling installations included aviation terminals, bulk transport fueling, marina fueling, and liquefied petroleum.