Mechanical design and construction phase services for a new 123,000 square-foot facility, which includes 36 labs, 12 classrooms, 2 seminar rooms and a 200-seat lecture room. Project facility has achieved a Silver rating under the LEED green building program.Project Details
- Building energy performance was optimized to yield 14% savings over a code minimum building.
- High efficiency plumbing fixtures were utilized to achieve 40% savings over 1998 EPACT standards.
- An energy recovery unit with enthalpy wheel was used to pre-treat outside air in order to lower building heating and cooling utility costs.
- Room level carbon dioxide sensors were used to minimize the amount of outside air load on the heating and cooling systems.
- Separate air compressors were utilized to provide both shop air and instrument air to all required lab spaces.
- Dedicated exhaust fans with room level control were provided in each applicable lab.
- Building DDC system monitors HVAC and lighting system for excessive energy consumption.