$39-million new construction of a 233,000 sq. ft. combined high and middle school building with adjacent cafeteria, gymnasium, and performing arts building for Atlanta Public Schools. The 1,400-student school is the first single-gender all Boy’s school in the system. Major spaces include a four- story classroom building with technology suite, full commercial kitchen and cafeteria, practice and performance gymnasiums, two-level media center and 500-seat theater. Project facility has achieved a Silver rating under the LEED green building program.Project Details
- Classroom HVAC system utilizes high-efficiency water-source heat pumps (WSHPs) with eco-friendly R410A refrigerant.
- Rooftop dedicated outdoor air system (DOAS) units provide a de-coupled 100% outside air system with desiccant-type energy recovery wheels.
- Outside air is modulated at each classroom based on energy-saving, demand control ventilation control scheme using carbon dioxide (CO2) sensors.
- Fast-track design build contract with general contractor under CM at-risk contract.
- Phased opening of the school during completion of the high-school wing, main gymnasium, and auditorium package.