Complete mechanical design and construction phase services for the University Athletic Association and football operational headquarters with a renovation of 56,000 sq. ft. and expansion of 54,000 sq. ft.:
– 12,000 sq. ft. Strength and Conditioning Area.
– Two story, 12,000 sq. ft. Multi-Purpose Area with a turf field that can be used for football team drills, banquets, and other activities.
– 8,500 sq. ft. Rehabilitation Area.
– 7,000 sq. ft. of Team meeting Rooms.
– 18,000 sq. ft. Coaches Offices and Suites that encompasses the Conference Rooms, War Rooms, Video Suite, and Head Coach’s Office and Living Room.Project Details
- Provide cooling, heating and outside air requirements for football teams Multi-Purpose Area for a wide range of occupancy and uses (from daily football team activates to a banquet hall atmosphere).
- Design of 12,000 sq. ft. Strength and Conditioning Area with specific cooling, ventilation and humidity needs.
- Remove existing 210-ton Chiller Plant and Hot Water Heating system and replace with new 600 ton Chiller Plant and Hot Water Heating System with no building downtime requiring careful design and construction coordination.
- Installation and design of new 15,000-gallon condenser water storage sump and associated cooling towers and vertical turbine pumps. New cooling tower utilizes a non-chemical water treatment system that saves approximately 600,000 gallons a year. New water treatment system also enables cooling tower blow-down water to be diverted to an exterior cistern that saves approximately 500,000 gallons of water a year from being used on practice field irrigation that would typically be purchased from the city.
- Design of HVAC and Plumbing requirements for a new 2 story, 1,600 sq. ft. Therapy Pool area that included four therapy pools that are capable of raising and lowering into the finished floor slab with each containing a treadmill.
- All new condensate water that is created by the air handling units is piped to an exterior cistern to use for practice field irrigation.
- New 40,000 CFM Atrium Smoke Evacuation System.
- New 1,200 sq. ft. Kitchen with domestic hot water generated by tankless gas water heaters and exterior 1,500-gallon grease interceptor in waste piping prior to discharging to county sewer system.
- Provided 50hp in-line fire pump to augment municipal water supply to sprinkler/standpipe system.