Indoor Athletic Facility
Mechanical design and construction phase services for the University Athletic Association and Football Operational Headquarters with a renovation of 56,000 sq. ft. and expansion of 54,000 sq. ft.
Read more about the facility at DawgNation:
Thanks to indoor facility, UGA beat the heat – and then opponents
- The building is approximately 140 yards long, 80 yards wide and 78 feet high, has a maximum occupancy of 1990 people, and is conditioned by means of a stand-alone 275 ton chiller plant that also utilizes two 43,000 cfm Rotational Air Units.
- Design of Rainwater system providing roof drainage of 107,000 square feet and 4,200 GPM.
- Conditioned air for the new track practice area that contains a 60-meter indoor track as well as pole vault and high jump pits.
- New living room area for the football head coach.
- Renovated existing storage room to function as a new “Grab-and-Go” food dispersion location for the student-athletes.
- New catering kitchen, restrooms, and storage areas for all team sports.
- Extended wet-pipe sprinkler protection into the practice facility – threading the piping through the structural members and protecting the sprinklers with high-impact guards.