Mechanical engineering design services for the demolition of the existing 159-bed residence hall and reconstruction of a new $21-million, 78,000 sq. ft., 260-bed residence hall in the same location as the existing building.Project Details
- Installation of the new Rutherford Hall onto the existing Myers Hall Chiller Plant.
- New below grade chilled water piping and a new magnetic bearing chiller to provide system redundancy
- New plate and frame heat exchanger to allow both buildings to operate in water side economizer mode.
- New VFDs added to all existing pumps, chilled water, and condenser water.
- New high pressure steam was brought into Rutherford Hall from the campus steam loop to be used for hydronic and domestic water heating purposes.
- Project produced in REVIT
- Victaulic copper domestic water mains.
- Steam to domestic hot water generators.
- Multiple student laundry locations piped to common lint interceptor.
- Utilized CPVC piping throughout residential areas.
- Standpipe/sprinkler risers supplied via neighboring Myers Hall.
- Conceal sprinkler cover plates painted to match interior paint colors.