West Campus Housing Development
Mechanical design and construction phase services for a 275,000 sq. ft. mixed-use complex comprised of a seven-story building, a six-story building, a five-story parking deck that serves both buildings, and an outdoor gathering area that includes a fire pit, grilling area, and swimming pool. This is the first phase of a two-phase student housing project.
The first floor of each building contains community amenities such clubrooms, lounges, a fitness area, retail spaces, and dining venues.
The upper floors have apartment style rooms with a combined total of 580 beds available for student lease.
The parking deck can accommodate 430 cars.Project Details
- Project was designed in conjunction with a Developer as part of a Design-Build-Finance-Operate-Maintain project delivery method for the University.
- Each apartment has a dedicated heat pump split system for heating and cooling. Maintenance access to the indoor units is from the corridor to allow service without having to enter the tenant space.
- Specialized split systems equipped with direct expansion coils for cooling and downstream hot gas reheat coils for dehumidification serve the clubhouse and fitness areas which have high outside air requirements.
- Energy recovery units with enthalpy wheels pre-treat incoming outside air with outgoing general exhaust air to lower building heating and cooling utility costs.
- Mechanical and plumbing infrastructure was provided in dining and retail spaces to accommodate future tenant build out.
- Central domestic hot water systems with high efficiency boilers and storage tanks were provided in each building.