Mechanical and plumbing renovation of a 30,000 sq. ft. two-story office building with 4,000 sq. ft. addition. The project has achieved a LEED NC Platinum rating. The building features multiple advanced energy saving technologies including ground source heat pumps, variable refrigerant volume units, and a dual enthalpy wheel dedicated outside air system. The renovated building includes a new learning center and will have extensive monitoring of the building’s Energy performance to serve as a “living lab” for members through internet access.
ASHRAE Headquarters Renovation and Addition
- Performed detailed evaluations with system ranking tables of competitive HVAC technologies for integration into the building to showcase a high performance facility.
- Completed HVAC design in a compressed design window after final system selection in an already aggressive schedule.
- Worked with multiple ASHRAE committees with a limited construction budget and incorporation of donated equipment.
- Performed the energy modeling required for LEED certification with a 32% energy savings over ASHRAE Standard 90.1-2004.
- Solved numerous design hurdles to accommodate building space constraints of the 40 year old structure.