Design the mechanical systems (HVAC, fire protection, and fuel storage) for a new 27,384 sq. ft. laboratory and support space.
Centers for Disease Control Parasitic Diseases Laboratory
- Phasing of the project into two separate construction periods to accommodate existing personnel.
- Two custom 20,000 CFM, variable volume air handling units.
- An above ceiling service corridor required all equipment requiring service (i.e., air valves, HVAC and plumbing control valves, etc.) to be within reach of the corridor.
- Steam-to-hot water heat exchanger utilizing campus steam.
- 120-gallon steam water heater utilizing campus steam.
- Acid resistant waste and vent system.
- A 12,000-gallon underground storage tank provides fuel to a 250kW stand-by generator.
- Integration of the building automation system with HVAC equipment, owner equipment, and the building lighting.