New 220,000 sq. ft. Young Women’s Academy for the City of Atlanta. Campus buildings include separate middle and high school facilities for the City’s first all Girl’s public school with a full time enrollment of 1,400 students. The project has achieved a Silver rating under the LEED green building program.
Coretta Scott King Women’s Leadership Academy
- Classrooms conditioned by individual water-source heat pumps that are served by a central cooling tower/boiler loop with variable speed pumping.
- Ventilation air provided by a dedicated outdoor air system comprised of packaged DX rooftop units and VAV terminal units. Pre-condition 100% outside air is supplied to zones for precise control based on occupancy and maximum energy savings.
- Sound ordinances and small site footprint resulted in placement of the cooling tower on the classroom building roof. Cooling tower equipped with special acoustical fan blade for low noise operation.
- Project was fast-track design-build contract with 9 month construction window.
- HVAC design included sound dampening strategies to comply with LEED prerequisite for a maximum background noise level of 45 dBA.