Mechanical systems design and construction phase services for the renovation of the 14,000 sq. ft. Vivarium Laboratory.
Emory Clinic Vivarium Laboratory
- Two-phased renovation project coordinated to accommodate staggered schedule in move-out from occupied area; included design for interchange of occupied areas served by respective air units.
- Two air-handling units of 100% outside air including one air unit with a sensible-only, air-to-air heat pipe heat exchanger with a vented, double-wall air gap between air streams as a customized feature.
- Bio-level 2 containment room.
- Stainless steel, clean steam generator and associated feedwater tank and pump unit.
- All stainless steel piping for clean steam and clean steam condensate piping systems.
- Dedicated exhaust system for animal (mice) holding racks and nine associated bio-safety cabinets.
- A chemical fume hood with remote mounted exhaust fan.
- Extension of existing high-pressure steam piping system to serve new equipment.