Complete mechanical design and construction phase services for a new, $10-million, 54,000 sq. ft. natatorium and gymnasium building with separate exercise rooms and administrative area. Project facility is a LEED Silver building and will be used as a model for future projects by this owner.
Forsyth County Family YMCA
- Gray water from the showers and pool filter backwash captured and recycled for use in the gray water system.
- Gray water used to flush toilets and for site irrigation, saving over 500,000 gallons of potable water per year.
- 24 ultra-low flow showerheads reduce potable water consumption and water heating costs.
- Waterless urinals were installed, saving 150,000 gallons of potable water per year.
- Total potable water consumption reduced by 37%; estimated savings of 880,000 gallons per year, compared to typical plumbing design.
- High efficiency HVAC systems reduce energy consumption by 20%.
- Energy recovery ventilators lowered building heating and cooling utility costs.
- Room carbon dioxide level sensing utilized to minimize outside air load on the heating and cooling systems.
- Energy efficient water heaters (90%+ AFUE) reduce natural gas consumption.