Conversion of Holland Steam Plant from #6 heating oil to mixed propane standby system.
Georgia Institute of Technology Holland Plant Standby Propane System
- Removal of 1950’s underground tanks and pump house with 250,000-gallon total capacity.
- Six new underground propane storage tanks totaling 175,000 gallons based on limited footprint within downtown campus.
- Extensive shoring of tank excavation and re-profiling of adjacent road.
- Fail-safe backup for natural gas with propane/air mixer.
- Aggressive 16-week construction window during summer school break.
- Remotely-operated nitrogen controls monitored by plant DDC.
- Upgrade for 110,000 #/hr low Nox steam boiler.