An expansion of a 170,000 sq. ft., two-story data center and mechanical/electrical systems upgrade and expansion. The facility houses a 105,000 sq. ft. computer room raised access floor, 5,000 sq. ft. office area, and 60,000 sq. ft. mechanical and electrical infrastructure and support space.
Winston-Salem Bank Data Center Expansion
- Two 800-ton chillers with associated towers and pumps were added to the four existing 800-ton chillers in the plant to provide additional capacity. 575 volt chillers were used. A total of 4,800 tons of chiller capacity is installed.
- Chillers, pumps, and cooling towers are installed using a header configuration to allow optimum flexibility. The equipment is divided between two separate plants.
- Three 2 MW generators were installed in a third generator room to supplement the six existing generators.
- The existing data center was fully operational. The design was done to allow construction without jeopardizing the operation of the critical facility.
- The design resulted in additional redundancy and flexibility and improved the maintainability of the equipment.